Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hail to the Queen!


My friend Jill just informed me (because I was not paying close enough attention to be aware of it myself...oops) that Amy Dickinson wrote a book that was released....YESTERDAY.

The Mighty Queens of Freeville: A Mother, a Daughter, and the Town that Raised Them

is Amy's memoir of her life and, um, her daughter's (sorry to re-state the title) as they make their way in and around the world--and are always drawn back to their roots in a tiny upstate New York town (where I was surprised to learn this summer that Amy had re-settled....I'd had no idea she was literally phoning it in--no reflection on the quality of her work meant--to the Tribune).

Read about it on Amazon.com here!

I think it sounds intriguing...I enjoy these memoirs of eloquent, intelligent, and strong women who have been through enough shit to laugh at it. (Anne Lamott, Anna Quindlen, I think).

I'll try to check it out (an opportunity to finally get my Ann Arbor District Library card...?) and report back.

1 comment:

Julie said...

It hath been added to my "to read" list. Thanks for the tip (via Jill)!